Thursday, August 1, 2013

Perm Rods!!


So on Tuesday, I was off from work and pretty bored with my hair.  I was tired of what I call my semi-straight look ( because my ends are curly).  The majority of the time I just wear my hair down and out, so to allow it to do it's thing as much as possible.  But that was getting old.  So I ventured out to put some 'oomf' in my look.  

So I started around 11:20 am on a whim.  I took out the perm rods and used my water and rosemary oil mix to dampen my hair. There's only 5 drop of the oil in the mix.


I sectioned my hair into 3 parts, with one in the back and two in the front, and I started from the back and worked my up.  I put approximately 4 locs per rod in the beginning but I saw that I didn't have enough rods to complete it that way. So towards the middle of my head I began to put 6 per rod.  


I used the gray, pink and blue rollers.  No specific reason other than that those were the ones I had on hand.  I decide to put the bigger rods (gray ones) toward the bottom layer of my head and the smaller ones on top.  



It took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to install the perm rods. It was pretty easy and I would have been done sooner if I wasn't distracted by the T.V.  LOL.  Ghetto was the name of the game when it came to drying my hair.  I have a hand held blow dryer and could not find my separate bonnet dryer attachment ( I call it an elephant).  So I just held the blow dryer and moved it around my head.  I did this more or less for an hour or so.  It took no time at all to dry and I credit that to damp hair instead of soaking wet hair.  

So I took the rods down and these were the results: 





I didn't separate them right away and I was fine with that.  My hair hung a little bit shorter which was a great change.  I loved the bigger barrel curls. This style also does an excellent job of hiding the new growth that has yet to be retightened due to my experimenting with a new re-ti schedule.  In the future, I do plan on rolling 2 locs per rod so I need to get a few more rods.  But I definitely loved the look.  It quenched my craving for something new and was very easy to do.  I do plan on styling it and seeing how long it will last since, I did not use any products to assist with hold.

Until then, Lata Lovvies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your perm rod set looks gorgeous and your locs look incredibly healthy. I'm inspired now. :-)

    ReplyDelete