Friday, August 16, 2013

What a Workout!

So I've been on a health kick. And we all know that by kick I mean roaring rollercoaster.  There are so many ups and downs that come with trying to get healthier.  In any event, I think my issue comes moreso from getting bored to easily-- whether it be with food or with exercising.   So I always need something new to try every so often or back to sedentary I go LOL.

While chatting it up with one of my best friends forever, we came across the topic of working out. We spoke of boot camps- but my schedule doesn't permit, and gym memberships- which my wallet doesn't permit. I love doing at home workouts, (with no one there to judge or stare, no one coming over trying to tell you how to lift a dumbell correctly) and I am slowly getting into being into an avid runner (or shall I say jogger).  So, she brings up workout DVDs and I just had to slap myself in the forehead for not thinking of it myself. It fits in perfectly. 

Anyway, she suggested I try any of Denise Austin's DVDs and I thought well why not? She tried it herself and loved both the workout and results. So, being the Queen of Research, as it stands, I went home after our talk and looked up the various workouts that she had to offer,as well as the reviews.  Long story short, I liked what I sae and I was more motivated than ever to get started. I mean I was PUMPED.  But I had slow my horses because in order to get my hands on any, I had to order them and wait for them to ship-- and I know myself enough to know that by then I would be right back in my sedentary funk.

So I took a leap (or what I thought was a leap) and searched for her workouts on YouTube hoping that I would find actually full length workouts and not infomercials or more reviews. And to my surprise, I found lot one but a whole lot of them. 

Today I did the Ultimate Fat Burn Workout . It was a 20 minute workout in a interval circuit with some high intensity parts followed by an active recovery.
One word to describe the 20 minutes I spent with Austin: Awesome. The music was upbeat, she did a great job calling out the moves. It was as if the fellow exercisers(?) in the background weren't even there because they remained quiet and out of the way-- unlike some others I've seen in the past who are just too excited for words and can barely contain themselves. Of course, someone was there to showcase simpler versions of the moves which was helpful. However, all in all, it wasnt bad.  By the end I was dripping sweat which, to me, means mission accomplished.  I would definitely recommend this to anyonenloking for something new to do to stay active. It wasnt CRAZY INTENSE. So for those already fit and looking for a challenge-- ehh not so much. But this was all I needed and then some. I plan to keep this up and make an update on my progress in the months to come.

I tell you no lies, Google and YouTube are God sent. 

Until next time,
.Lata Lovvies.

No comments:

Post a Comment