Friday, July 26, 2013

Month 4!

4 MONTHS!

Today makes exactly 4 months to the day and I have been putting off retightening my hair. Why? No real reason although, I do want to see how long I can go without a re-ti. (You know, for future references). So, im down 4 weeks now since my last re-ti, excluding my edges, which I did a week ago because I had somewhere to be. Im gonna push for 6 weeks though. I've been a little busy transistioning into a new residential setting and whenever I do have free time, I am attending to something other than my hair. 

Another reason why I feel I can push this out a little longer is because I dont think I have as much new growth to be doing it monthly.  Also, I love the lift I get at the roots from the lack of retightening. My hair seems so much more fuller without my parts showing through.

So let this be the start of my lil' ol' experiment. We will see in two more weeks if this was a good idea or a not so great one. We will also see if this makes my re-ti take longer since I'll have presumably more new growth to work with. And, we will see if ill ever be this lazy again LOL.

Until then, lata lovvies.

4 comments:

  1. Your Braidlocks look so good! I'm also experimenting myself by extending the time between my retightening sessions with my braidlocks. I've decided to tighten them every 2 months instead and see how that works out. I've tried this once so far, so i'll continue and see if there is a difference. I know that this plan works well with my schedule and I can break up my sessions. I enjoy following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following as I follow yours! I'm so glad that some on is on this journey with me at around the same stage. Gives me a lot of encouragement.

      Delete