Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pardon Me For a Moment-- I'm Feeling Myself.

So as you can tell from the title, im all in my own feelings LOL. Yesterday at work I recieved the most compliments that I have ever gotten in one day. What's weird is I didnt do anything new to my hair. I didnt even set my hair the day before, so my curls were stale and flopping any which way they felt-- I was freestyling it. The fuzz is starting to pick up as well towards the crown of my head. So I didnt think I looked all that special but Lo' and Behold I was sadly mistaken.

The compliment that stood out the most came from a russian coworker. She is still learning English (hopefully) and we were traveling up the escalator, her in front of me. She turned to look behind her and turned back around. She then did a double take and turned back to me and said "Oh its you! You change your hair?" So I responded "yes." She goes, "I like it, it's better." LOL! Now let me just say I was taken aback by that last little statement. I mean, I knew what she meant so I said "Thanks" but it was kind of like a backwards compliment. She was basically trying to tell me that she didnt like my hair all those other times before but now?--now it was better. I didn't really take it this way but I found it really satifying to know that I had come to terms with my hair and how I felt it should be grown and that people were noticing and agreeing with my choice. Of course, if they didnt like it I could care less and they could all take that time to kick rocks but Im ecstatic at the response I've been getting.

That being said, I went back to my office and took pics LOL.

Until next time loves, deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment