Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Creepin'

This whole idea of creepin' when it comes to locks is no joking matter. For all those who are new to the terminology:

Creepin'- when two neighboring locks begin to grow together as one, intertwining and/or catching at the root.

For my first two washes, I made sure to check for this happening in my hair but I was happy to find that no such thing has occurred. However, 3 weeks and some change into the game I can report no such luck. Whilst at work playing in my hair and checking how much new growth I had acquired-- I found 3 sets of creepers! I was shocked! After all that hard work with checking and it still happened to me.

Popping locks-the method by which one separates two adjacent creepin' locks -- literally pulling them apart.

Let me just say that this is no day in the park. Poppin' locks hurts like words cant even explain. So I would advise anyone on this journey to avoid it's occurrence. How you might ask?
I'm still working on that answer for you because even though I do check right after a wash, it is something totally different once it's dry. So im leaning towards checking after its dry but that mess hurts. *shrugs*

In any event this is only relevant when there is an abundance of new growth; and that, my friends, outweighs the bad. I've attached a photo which shows about 0.5" of new growth and is also a close up of the texture of my hair thus far. Next week I will be looking to retighten (FINALLY) and I am super stoked!

Overall, I'm still pretty happy about my decision :D

(P.s. yall see that ashy red/brown tint to my hair? Im hating it and itching to color this sucker back to black. I attempted a blk rinse before installing my babies but it didnt really take . Yo no sè what to do pero, I gotta do something)</p>

No comments:

Post a Comment