Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why Au Jus?

So I know you might be wondering why I entitled my blog AU JUS. Funny you should ask. So here's the story. Back in my freshmen year, during lunch time (approx. 3pm) me and my friends would always meet up and go to the cafeteria. This lunch room had the food buffet-style with plenty to choose from for all courses. While scoping out what to eat, I stumbled upon a 'steak au jus'
. So I turned to my roomies and like "au jus?" Long story short, I didnt know what the hell it was and walked right past it and got my burger and french fries. When we got to our table, I decided to GOOGLE it:

Au Jus- French. (Cookery) (meat) [a] served in it's own gravy [b] served in meat's natural juices
{Literally: with the juice}

Ever since I found out what that phrase was all about it was over. I used it in every chance I got. When I decided to go natural in my junior year, I posted a picture of my big chop on FB with 'Au Jus' as the caption.  I use the term to refer to a coming in to myself, and getting to know ME. With all the different pressures and influences that our environment offers on a day-to-day basis and whatever inner conflicts may spring from it, I remain me despite it all.

So this blog is just that, me, served in my own juices. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment