Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Stats/ Regimen Plan

I decided it would be a good idea to post my stats so I always have something to look back on.

Installation start date: 03/18/13
Installation end date: 03/25/13
Installation time: 1 week, about 2-4 hrs each day
Lock count: 429
Starting length: 10.5 inches in front and top; 7 inches in the back (I cut two inches before starting for a "bob" look)
Hair type: 4a, fine, low/medium density

I plan to interlock with the 3-point method with a homemade tool (yarn needle) every 4 weeks hopefully. If I can push it to longer than that I will go to 6 weeks at most. I plan to wash weekly with a clarifying shampoo. I tried the Suave brand on monday night and it does not seem to be too harsh or stripping. I am saying goodbye to conditioners for now but I may do a deep conditioner every month and a half if need be. Until then I will use a light oil (coconut oil) immediately after washing (about a dime size amount. I also spritz my hair with a mix of water and aloe vera juice maybe 2times a week.

At this stage in the game, because my hair appears very scalpy, I like bigger sets like twist outs to hide the space and give the illusion of bigger hair ( I did a braid out after the washing on monday and I didnt like the results very much).

And these are the results of my flat twist out from last night with no setting lotion or anything-- just water.

2 comments:

  1. I can't really tell but are those mini twists? It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharen. They are actually braids. I decided against twist because my hair is so soft, I was scared of the potential slippage that would arise

      Delete