Friday, March 22, 2013

What I wanted was Sisterlocks though

So the hype all started when I discovered sisterlocks- a form of microlocks formed by interlocking the hair. What I also found was that these type of locks were waaaay outside of my budget. But i had to get them because of their size and versatility. After some wide array of research on GOOGLE and YOUTUBE i figured out how to interlock my hair (pictured below). And so I attempted one and it worked so I kept going. My only gripe was that doing one took literally 3/4 minutes. These pics are after night one.











I couldn't possibly take that long only to make 12 locks so I had to find a better way. So I went back to YouTube and looked at my other alternative: braidlocks, locks made by leaving braids in your hair to matte over and mature. I mimicked the size and partings of sisterlocks in order to achieve the same look. I officially started my journey on Monday, March 18, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment