Friday, March 22, 2013

My obsession

Dreads, locks, bongonati, natty dread. Whatever you want to call them, I've been obsessed for over 8 years. Maybe it is because of my Jamaican background and being so encapsulated with roots reggae and rastafarian culture. Either way, in high school I threatened to shave off my head and lock my hair. Unfortunately my mom was against it-- fearing that I wouldn't be able to get a job in the future.

Jump forward 6 yrs.

I decided to go natural in 2010 and transitioned from July 2010- March 12, 2011, when I decided to cut off the remainder of the perm. Scared, nervous but most of all extremely happy and certain that I was doing the right thing.

Jump forward 2 more year

I am now two years natural and loving it and itching for a change. In the bible the number 8 represents a new beginning and with that comes my desire to start my lock journey. I've come full circle and feel it is definitely my time so I will be documenting my progress in days to come. Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment