Friday, September 20, 2013

A little Concerned. . .

BYI shall be meeting my half year milestone in about 5 days and I can honestly say it is still a wonder to me that I have, and plan to continue to, stick with this new journey.

Now on to my concerns. I just recently finished a Re-ti on Wednesday night which only took me two days to complete ¡Woop Woop! \(^.^)/ [shaved off a good two dayd off of my time right there]. Anywho, while I was retightening I decided to attack some holes in my locks towards the back of my hair. I found some really helpful YouTube videos on it here and here. 

Being that I was going through, in great specificity, to inspect my locs I came across a few that really had me concerned. (I'll be attaching pictures).  I have a few locs that seem to be bunching. Now, I'm not very certain of this because these could be the good 'ol buds I've been waiting so long to see but I'm not sure.  If it is bunching, I can say that it is my fault and may be due to the conditioner that I put in my hair after my color.

Now that my hair is dry (I re-ti on damp hair) these 'trouble areas' are a bit firm but some are squishy. They occur somewhere around the middle-end of the loc but definitely where the braided portion/loose ends of the loc are (as opposed to where the interlocked new growth is--i can tell where that starts and ends). I just don't know how to tell if I messed up or if this is what I've been waiting for. So if you guys could help a sister out based on my horrible pics or any other ways of identifying this, PLEASE leave me a comment below.  And if we all deem it bunching I will also needs some helpful solutions. So:

       Calling all those loc'd before me.

       This is a P.S.A.

       I.need.help.

Thanks in advance lovvies. :)

7 comments:

  1. Leave it be...they ARE budding. Most likely your BLs will bunch at the end IF they do....but those are baby buds. I recognize them! It's amazing...it gets reaaaal ugly before it gets pretty. hang in there! on the other side of the buds and the frizz and the bumps are beautiful locks in the making. Trust, it all works out for the good. This is necessary! Welcome to your teenage/awkward stage!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!! I was literally sitting back and waiting for your response in particular Cheleski! I am so relieved! I was just so frightened because they were so much bigger in diameter to the rest of the loc so I couldn't get my mind around the whole idea!but yayyy! Teenage stage! (Well the back anyway)

      Delete
  2. Yes, email me at info @theknottytruth.net and I'll send you pictures. I have my blog locked right now bc some weird traffic activity flowing through my feed. Trying to figure out how to make it private for certain readers right now. But I was so scared of my (bls)locks the second half of year 1 because of this. It's amazing how the hold, the knots, the frizz and the balls all even out. What I believe you are seeing is the future matrix forming. Then, like a web, the hair will encase the matrix and weave around it forming a cylindrical lock. I promise, you will laugh at all of this in about 12 more months...maybe 18 (wink). It works out. I had holes too. It all filled in. I think Bls are very forgiving. In fact some of my SLs are looking like your picture #2. Go figure! I'm not so convinced that this process is much different than loosely braided hair..but that's another post for another day. It's about you right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yay! Im going to do it right now! This sounds So interesting and I'm so anxious to see it all happen.. im probably pushing 18 mos knowing my hair and the fact that it hasn't even budged much in the front

      Delete
  3. I have so many pics but have to find the best way to share. I have a fotki album. i may be posting them there bc it's way to many to attach to an email....hope you have a fotki account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not but it will only take me two seconds to make one. I don't want you to go through too much, whichever is easier is what we'll do.

      Delete
  4. For others with the same concerns, I just consolidated the request...it was overdue. :)

    http://therealknottytruth.blogspot.com/2013/09/throwback-first-journey-braid-lockin-n.html

    ReplyDelete