Thursday, October 17, 2013

. . Update of sorts. .

I know, I know, I've been gone for a while and I have a good excuse.  My good-for-nothing laptop has just not been in the mood to cooperate lately.  But I've been here, still alive and breathing.

So, in my last post, I was inquiring on the nature of a few of my locs-- given their new appearance.  Come to find out, thanks to my guardian angel Cheleski =) --I AM BUDDING ! I could hardly contain myself when I got the news.  Granted it's only a few of my locs in the back but it is something to look forward to for the remainder of my hair.

Shrinkage is the new name of the game.  I am seeing a lot more of it since I have decided to refrain from setting my hair (only for special occasions) to encourage my locking process.  Everytime I bantu or braidout I stretch out my hair which is setting it against the grain.  I want this process to get on with it already, so I believe it is time that I stop hindering it.  So much so that I've been looking into purchasing the Sisterlock starter shampoo solely because I've heard that it encourages the process. (still looking into it though.)

In other news, I have been experimenting with conditioning my hair with the start of this month.  It has been feeling so straw-like and I am tired of it.  I've come to terms with the fact that my locs are not SLs and I do not necessarily need to treat them as such.  With that being said, I figured 6 months without conditioner is a good enough span of time to wait.  The front of my hair looks no different from when I first started LOL.  I washed my hair last week with my VO5 clarifiying shampoo and followed it up with this conditioner:

I loved how my hair felt afterwards.  LOVED!  It reminded me of my loose natural days.  I never want my hair to feel like straw ever again.  During the week, especially with the weather getting milder, water just doesn't cut it as a sole moisturizer.  So I have been using my old time favorite (again from my loose natural days):

When they say weightless, they mean it.  And my hair has a bounce back after I put it in.  I only used about a quarter size amount on damp hair.

My hair has been doing its thing and I'm trying my best to leave it be and allow it all the time it needs.  Impatience, however is at an all time high.  I try to stay motivated with videos on youtube and blogs from those on the journey with me.  I appreciate every single one of you so much.






Until Next Time,

Lata Lovvies

12 comments:

  1. love the picture and thanks for the shootout! You are so right, leaving it alone will accelerate the locking process. #notetoself...see it's even hard for me to take my OWN advice, ha! #buddon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe you more than a shout out for all the wisdom you have given. Also I have a question for u madam: what's your take on the sisterlock shampoo? Are you or have you used it?

      Delete
    2. Nope. I don't buy into that hype either. My consultant affirmed me and said look for clarifying shampoos basically. I have a post about the shampoo I use: Desert Essence http://sisterlockedknots.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-first-wash.html#.Uv9XZf1sjwI

      Delete
  2. Looks great!! Just know you are inspiring others. Thanks Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks real good. I'm just passed 3 months, and mine is budding and frizzing all over, I'm glad its hat time of the year, cause i'm rocking the cutest tams at work. I like how your ends are locking up, mine are loose too, I was a little afraid that they were loose, but I know they will lock up in time. I'm following you cause I'm just a few months behind and you are giving me a good idea of how my hair will progress. I got micros put in on July 17th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Gale! If you're already budding at 3 months I should be following you lol. I guess we all progress in our own time. Keep in touch, I would love to hear how you're doing in a few months.

      Delete
    2. When I went to the Nappy and Happy site for my nappyloc tool, I bought the sea salt spray and spray it on once a week, it smells good to me. I work out almost every day so I was rinsing out my hair a couple time a week and washing it at least twice a week when it was hot and that might have helped it, plus my 4c hair. LOL. I was just worried about my ends, they look cute and curly in the front, but the back looks a lot like yours. I'm going to try that twist style I really like that, but I don't have that much legnth yet.

      Delete
    3. I've heard of sea salt sprays and a lemon mist to help the locking process hut I'm too much of a chicken to try it. Lol and yes having 4c hair would definitely be an advantage to the rate at which your hair locks compared to my 3b/c hair. I would love to see a picture of this style on you when you try it out.

      Delete
  4. Your locs are nice, very nice! Lovely picture! :)

    Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your locs are looking great. The other day I purchased the TJ's Conditioner too for the first time and used it on my hair. My hair responded well to it so far so i'll continue using it. Thanks for sharing the outcome of using their conditioner because I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought it, but all I know is that it has all natural ingredients and I wouldn't be surprised if this became my staple hair product.

    ReplyDelete