Friday, May 3, 2013

Color =D

So as I was saying in earlier posts, I was over the ashy red-brown color on my hair with the black roots. I was so over it that drove down to my local BSS and bought two boxes of Clairol's Texture and Tones in Natural Black. Now let me just say, I aways told myself that I would 1). never go so dark because I love color and 2). never do a permanent black because of the problems it gives trying to reverse it later on if I so pleased. Welp, Never say NEVER.

I gave in to all temptations and went through with it for two reasons. My first reason being that I didnt want to dye it a blonde or red once more because of the new growth eventually being a different color and I would have to keep coloring (which would be damaging). The second reason being that when my locks mature I only plan to highlight a few out of the bunch.

And coloring went like this:
- I mixed as the instructions on the packages say
- i applied it to my hair and put on a shower cap for 30mins
- I rinsed all the color out squeezing the locks until the color ran somewhat clear
- I then shampooed twice with my clarifying and followed with the conditioner in the package
**( putting that conditioner in was MANDATORY being that my hair felt like straw after the shampooing. However it softened my hair so much that I thought I would have some slippage)**
- I shampooed one more time and then rinsed and that was it.

Results:
My hair felt good, and I put a quarter size amount of coconut oil in my hair. I loved and still am enjoying the black waaay more than the ash. Pics below.

No comments:

Post a Comment